Windows and Doors - Casement Windows
- White finish uPVC – The legend 70 Profile System incorporating co-extruded gaskets. 70mm deep from front to back, the profile from which the windows are made is both strong and durable.
- Also available in Golden Oak or Rosewood foiled wood grain finish.
- Can be painted – in any colour! Inside and out, inside only, outside only or even one colour inside, another colour outside!
- Internally beaded – for superior security and peace of mind.
- Autolocking handles – designed to give high security and ease of use. Automatically locks without the need for a key. The key can lock the button to prevent the window being opened from inside the house.
- Shootbolt locks in stainless steel – the highest type of security available. Our casement locks incorporate two shootbolts and a central dead-bolt.
- Stainless steel hinges – fixed to the frame using stainless steel screws. The stiffness of the hinges can be adjusted to suit your needs by simple adjustment of a grub screw.
- Reinforcing – the windows are reinforced to the fullest extent that can be technically achieved. The windows are reinforced using only aluminium; unlike galvanised or plated mild steel this avoids any potential for rust.
- Limitations regarding size of casements –
- Side hung casements: ???mm wide x ???mm high minimum ???mm wide x ???mm high maximum
- Top hung fanlights: ???mm wide x ???mm high minimum ???mm wide x ???mm high maximum
- Top hung casements: ???mm wide x ???mm high minimum ???mm wide x ???mm high maximum
- Means of Escape in Case of Fire – not always a requirement of the Building Regulations, but where it is a window that has to comply as an escape window must have an opening of 450mm minimum width, 450mm minimum height and an opening area of not less than 0.33 square metres. We can supply windows which comply with the regulations and also use an ‘egress hinge’ which offsets the window to further increase the escape capability of the window.
- Trickle Ventilation – not always required by the Building Regulations, but where it is, trickle ventilation has to be provided to a minimum of 4000mm2 and up to 8000mm2 in certain circumstances. We can provide colour-matched ventilators to meet these requirements, mounting them normally at the centre top of the casement or in the frame above, and can advise the area you will require.